Friday, April 18, 2008

Jewish Community Experience/Project

Primary Actors
Liliana (ME) – Catholic Mexican 23 year old graduate student



Adam (Hebrew name: Abba) – Jewish 24 year old science writer than graduate student. Currently, my promised.


Reagent
El Amor between myself and Adam that after 4 years finally led to us becoming a couple on August 14, 2006.

Affected actors within the Jewish Community
Adam’s family, Rabbis, Adam’s high school friends, Adam’s NYC friends, Adam’s new friends in Michigan, Chabad family, Jewish community in general

Project/Life Experiences: Introduction of reagent into Jewish community

STORY/Results:
Before I broke into the Jewish community my boyfriend, Adam, was experiencing fear. Fear. Towards what I was told were such good and loving people didn’t make sense to me. However, I came to see the complexities and gravity of the situation.

Feelings towards INTERMARRIAGE: When Adam was 10 years old, his father pulled him and his little brother aside and made it very clear to them “You are to date only Jewish girls.”

When Adam, at age 24, pained but determined chose to date me, a Catholic girl, his parents then told him, “You are throwing away your Jewish identity.”
Identity? What does that mean? It would take me over a year to understand.

No comments: