Friday, May 2, 2008

The Story--Part V Pesach Holiday and the Seder Experience

On April 19th, I had my first Seder Experience. Adam and I flew down to Chicago to be with his family...with entire family including grandparents, cousins, aunts and uncles for the Pesach and in particular for the Seders which include a huge meal with lots of people and stories and food. There are two seders and our first one was a little smaller (only about 16 people) which the 2nd one had 22 guests. We sang and prayed and went to synagogue every morning and afternoon. I met new people and in fact found out that one of the members of their synagogue knows my mother's doctor in Texas. I felt so connected! People pulled me aside to ask me about my experience and how I came to deciding to convert. One person I met empathized with me saying that her family is not very observant and when she decided to become so they were all very shocked. We played games, talked about important issues in the world, and discussed our dreams and visions in life. I am very happy I got to be a part of this experience.

No comments: