Friday, May 2, 2008

AS A RESULT

Being introduced into the Jewish community because of Adam has led me to appreciate what those who were hurt by our relationship care for so much. But now that I have chosen to become a member of this community, I realize I must know Judaism on my own and develop my love for it separate from Adam. I recently have gotten to know some of the small Jewish community here in Troy. Everyone has been very kind and honest and helpful in this process. One Shabbos I was in Troy and called up a family that I found online to see if they knew if there were services. They were very kind and invited me to come to Shabbos dinner and lunch at their home. A few days ago I met the rabbi from the campus Hillel and spoke to him for almost 2 hours. He was very kind and is trying to help me find a place to live where I can keep Kosher and told me I can call him anytime if I want to schedule a class so I can learn more about Judaism. I truly feel really blessed and excited for what God has in store for me and for the community and for everyone.

No comments: